Faithcast – Episode 45
Faithcast is the weekly podcast from catholicnews.ie, the news source for the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference. Presented by Brenda Drumm, Faithcast is a mixture of interviews and news from the Catholic Church in Ireland.
Episode 45 of Faithcast features an interview with Father Sean Corkery, Director of Adult Faith Formation in the Diocese of Cloyne, and with John Hayes from the same diocese who also works in the area of adult faith formation. Fr Sean and John have developed a programme called Grow in Love of the Lord which is aimed at the parents and families of children who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion for the first time. They spoke to Brenda about the importance of reaching out and connecting with these parents so as to help them to rediscover the joy of their own faith as they support their child in preparing for these sacraments.
The faith news this week features
- the bishops’ statement on the European elections;
- a symposium for young leaders on Christus vivit in Dublin Diocese;
- the bishops’ statement on the Divorce Referendum;
- the announcement of the theme and dates for the World Meeting of Families 2021 in Rome; and,
- Pope Francis’ comments on healthcare including the practice of conscientious objection and the need for all medical personnel to see those who are in the healthcare system as ‘a person, unique and unrepeatable’ and not just a number.
Click here for this week’s episode https://audioboom.com/posts/7268449-faithcast-podcast-episode-45
You can have this podcast delivered directly to your smartphone by subscribing to the RSS feed or to the iTunes link on the following page https://audioboom.com/channels/4929766.rss
Please also note that this podcast is now broadcast each week on Radio Maria.