Faithcast – Episode 58
Faithcast is the weekly podcast from catholicnews.ie, the news source for the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference. Presented by Brenda Drumm, Faithcast is a mixture of interviews and news from the Catholic Church in Ireland.
Episode 58 of Faithcast features an interview with Archbishop Kieran O’Reilly SMA, of Cashel and Emly, on the Extraordinary Month of Mission; and, an interview with Bishop Kevin Doran of Elphin on Day for Life 2019.
The faith news this week features
- Archbishop Eamon Martin’s call to choose life and choose peace at the prayer service in Drogheda marking 40 years since the visit of Pope Saint John Paul II;
- the unveiling of a new sculpture in Saint Peter’s Square depicting the plight of migrants and refugees;
- Bishop Brendan Kelly’s comments about direct provision and his call to the faithful to open the doors of their hearts, homes and parishes to welcome the stranger;
- the announcement of the theme for World Communications Day 2020 which will highlight the role of memory and storytelling across the generations; and,
- the conclusion of the Autumn General Meeting of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference in Maynooth.
Also included in this week’s podcast is a recording of the official prayer for the Extraordinary Month of Mission which is read by Sarah Duffy, a Transition Year students from Maynooth Post- Primary.
Click here for this week’s episode https://audioboom.com/posts/7386445-faithcast-podcast-episode-58
You can have this podcast delivered directly to your smartphone by subscribing to the RSS feed or to the iTunes link on the following page https://audioboom.com/channels/4929766.rss
Please also note that this podcast is now broadcast each week on the digital radio station Radio Maria.