Job Vacancy – Diocesan Support Worker
The Diocese of Kilmore is recruiting for the position of Diocesan Support Worker.
One-year initial contract working 10 hours per week.
This post will be based in and will require travel around the Diocese of Kilmore (which encompasses most of Co. Cavan, large parts of Co. Leitrim and small portions of Co. Sligo, Meath and Fermanagh.)
The main duties of the Diocesan Support Worker will include:
- Visitation of designated priests.
- Building relationships and trust with priests.
- Observing the overall wellbeing of priests, establishing whether priests are living well.
- Assessing the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of priests.
- Providing professional support and expertise regarding care issues in advance of declining mental and physical health.
- Developing specific formal care plans.
- Ensuring that all priests use established frameworks for medical and healthcare preferences.
- Liaising with civil authorities and ensuring that priests are availing of their entitlements.
- Identifying family supports and keeping abreast of charitable grants available to clergy.
Essential Qualities of Candidate:
- Must have excellent communication skills and be well organised.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work across teams and with external health and social care providers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a carer, public health nurse or social worker is essential.
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own transport required.
- Must be garda vetted for the Diocese of Kilmore.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith and ethos an advantage.
Desirable Qualities of Candidate:
- Health and/or Social Care qualification.
CV’s and cover letters to be sent to:
Diocesan Support Worker
Closing date for applications is 3rd February 2023.