Resources for Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2021 –
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity takes place from 18 -25 January. The resources for this year have been prepared by the Monastic Community of Grandchamp in Switzerland. The theme that was chosen, “Abide in my love and you shall bear much fruit”, is based on John 15:1-17 and expresses Grandchamp Community’s vocation to prayer, reconciliation and unity in the Church and the human family.
Resources for the parish and for use at home can be downloaded from the following link:
The resources include a prayer service and daily prayer for the home that includes Scripture, a meditation, prayer, questions and a practical ‘Go & Do’ section.
Fr. Tom Layden SJ offers suggestions for how to participate in this Week of Prayer:
- Remember the intentions of the Week in personal and communal prayer
- Use some part of the order of service in the resources [see link below] in either personal or communal prayer
- Use the prayers from a Votive Mass for the Unity of Christians at Mass
- Use one of the Eucharistic Prayers for Reconciliation from the Missal
- Watch online a Sunday service from a church of another tradition
- Write a letter of greeting to a person from another Christian tradition whom you know either through work or personal contact